The organization of the congress will be spearheaded by the African Union Commission (AUC) in partnership with diverse regional and global partners, including research and academic institutions, development partners, non-governmental organizations, and private sector actors, among others.
The congress organization will be achieved through three sub-committees described below
a) Resource Mobilization Sub-committee
- This committee is tasked with the mobilization of resources required for congress execution. The resources include finances, technical support, in-kind support and any other support that will contribute to the success of the congress.
- The members will develop a resource mobilization strategy/plan and prepare value propositions for potential partners and sponsors.
- The committee members will include representatives from the organizations that supported the previous AAPHCE and are available to support the 4th AAPHCE. These include the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Sasakawa Africa Association (SAA); World Food Programme (WFP); African Development Bank (AfDB); Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the Africa Union; Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA); Buhler Group; Rockefeller Foundation; United States Agency for International Development (USAID) directly and through the Feed the Future Innovation Labs; the Postharvest Education Foundation (PEF); Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality – the Netherlands; Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
(GAIN); and Consortium for Innovation in Postharvest Loss and Food Waste Reduction.
- The committee will be Chaired by Mr. Komla Bissi (AUC) and Dr. Mel Oluoch (SAA) as the Co-Chair.
b) Technical Sub-Committee
- This committee will drive the technical/scientific agenda of the congress.
- Membership to this committee includes technical experts from academic and research institutions and select non-governmental and development partners.
- The committee will be Chaired by Prof. Jane Ambuko (University of Nairobi) and Prof. Fawole Olaniyi (University of Johannesburg) as the Co-Chair
c) Publicity, Communication and Logistics Sub-committee
- The sub-committee will be tasked with overall coordination of the congress secretariat and related logistics, including hospitality, catering, security, transportation, protocol, registration, bags, stationery, gifts, accreditation, interpretation & translations, exhibition, side events, etc.
- The committee will be Chaired by the Event Organizer, Ms Samrawit Tekele and supported by the Publicity and Communication Department of the AUC and other partners.