The congress organization is coordinated by three inclusive committees with membership from research, academic and non-academic institutions/organization in Africa and global partners. The three committee are as follows:
- Resource Mobilization Committee
- This committee will be tasked with mobilizing the requisite resources to deliver a successful congress. The members of the committee will include representatives from some of the organizations that supported the previous AAPHCE and new partners. This includes representatives of Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC); Sasakawa Africa Association; World Food Programme (WFP); African Development Bank (AfDB); Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the Africa Union; Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA); SNV; Buhler Group; Rockefeller Foundation; Postharvest Education Foundation; Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality – the Netherlands; Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN); and Consortium for Innovation in Post-Harvest Loss and Food Waste Reduction.
- The committee will be chaired by Mr. Komla Bissi (AUC).
- Technical Sub-Committee
- This committee will be tasked with driving the technical/scientific agenda of the congress.
- The committee will be constituted mainly from the academic and research institutions, select non-governmental organizations and development partners.
- The committee will be Chaired by Prof. Jane Ambuko (University of Nairobi) and Prof. FawoleOlaniyi (University of Johannesburg) as the Co-Chair
- Publicity, Communication and Logistics Committee
- The sub-committee will be tasked with overall coordination of the congress secretariat and related logistics including hospitality, catering, security, transportation, protocol, registration, bags, stationery, gifts, accreditation, interpretation & translations, exhibition, side events, etc.
- The committee will be chaired by the Event Manager and supported by the Publicity and Communication Department of the AUC.